Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ephesians 2:10 - We Are His Workmanship

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ephesians 2:10 - We Are His Workmanship
February 06, 2008 05:26AM
v 10 “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” {Ephesians 2:10}

I wrote about this verse from scripture when I first started doing scriptural devotionals and I know that I was doing devotionals from my intellect and not my Fathers heart. I give praise and worship Him, I give all honor and glory to Him for He brought me out of my dark ways {intellect = Pharisees and Sadducees} and turned me into a humble servant with a heart of deeper understanding of my masters mind.

{Original devotional} We are his {God’s} workmanship in that he formed us from the dust of the ground, breathed into our nostrils the breath of life, and we became living souls {Genesis 2:7}, thus we {man and woman} are God’s masterpiece created in his image which is spirit {Genesis 1:27}. {End}

Yes we are God’s workmanship, created after all the birds of the air, fish of the sea, and animals of the land, but I just have a knowing in my spirit that He was “saving the best for last” { Matthew 20:16 “So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.”}. Our Father wanted to stroll in the garden in the cool of the evening and talk with man. He could have picked any other of His creations but He chose us. Why do you suppose our heavenly Father would chose us? I really don’t know why either, but I thank our Father that He did so.

I remain humbled at this verse “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, …. Just to know that we are His workmanship, God’s workmanship, the creator of all things that have or ever will be created, and that we have been created in Christ Jesus unto good works, works of the kingdom of God on this earth now {I Corinthians 1:17 “For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.”} and good works throughout eternity {Revelation 22:2 “In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”}.

{Original devotional} Our Father having foreknowledge of us before we were ever in our mother’s wombs, He ordained us to walk as our Lord Jesus walked unto good works. Good works are not only what we do with our hands, but ‘good works’ are also obedience to our heavenly Father who created us. The ten commandments come to mind as a good starting place for obedience to our creator. The Lord Jesus always did the will of the Father, even unto his crucifixion on the cross {and we‘re only being ask to die to self}.

Praise, worship, prayer, and mostly obedience {to the will of the Father}, these are all ‘good works’ that our Lord Jesus did. So how hard is it for us to praise our maker, worship him in spirit and truth, pray to him {don’t forget that listening is a part of prayer}, and how hard is it for us to just obey? These ‘good works’ will bring you into a more intimate relationship with the Lord than you ever thought possible. Our Father is just waiting with open arms for those who do the ‘good works’ that he has ordained for us to do. {End}

You know, the whole word of our Father just continues to enliven me and to humble me. Words like workmanship, created, ordained, spirit of adoption, sonship, ministers of the gospel, royal priesthood. He thinks that much of us, don’t you think we should thank Him a little bit more?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login