Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Psalm 119:49-50 - This Is My Comfort

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Psalm 119:49-50 - This Is My Comfort
February 07, 2008 06:33AM
“Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life.” Psalm 119:49-50

How encouraging are these words of the psalmist, a reminder to all of us who might be going through a difficult time in their lives. As we read verse 49 it might appear that the person speaking it was reminding the Lord about the word He has spoken into their life. But since we know the Lord is not short of memory, it is more probable that this person was really speaking it as a reminder to their self. There are times when we need to stir up our own faith, when difficult times are at hand and all looks bleak. Jude 20 tells us, “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.” 2 Timothy 1:6-7 says, “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” There are times when we have to do the remembering, the stirring within us of that which we know to be true, that which gives us hope and promise.

The psalmist said it is the word of God which has given him hope and life, bringing comfort in his afflictions. That is where we have our hope as well, it is where our comfort is found. The word of God is found in us, Christ in us, the hope of glory! Hallelujah! When the world comes against us and all seems hopeless we need to remember what God has spoken to us. There will be trials in our lives, times like we feel as is we are stepping into the fiery furnace as did Meshach, Shadrack and Abednego but if we do not bend our knee to worship other gods or deny our Lord then we will come out of the situation without even the smell of smoke. Glory to God! We read in 1 Peter 4:12, “Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.” Praise be to God, good will come of our suffering as we trust Him!

Let us all remember, no matter what might come our way, the word the Lord has given to us is our comfort in affliction for it is His Word which has given us life. Thank You, Jesus and thank You Father for loving us so much You sent Your very best!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login