Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 8:12 - Light of the World

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 8:12 - Light of the World
February 18, 2008 08:15AM
v 12 “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” {John 8:12}

While meditating on this scripture, the Holy Spirit brought back to my remembrance a song by Debbie Boone titled “You Light Up My Life“.

YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE (Debbie Boone)

So many nights I sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now
You've come along

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
and fill my nights with song

Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water
Could it be finally I'm turning for home?
Finally, a chance to say hey,
I love You
Never again to be all alone

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days

It can't be wrong
When it feels so right
'Cause You
You light up my life

I wonder if she knew just what kind of a song this was? I feel that it’s a song of life, a song of love, a song OF and TO our Lord Jesus.

My Lord, So many nights I sat by my window waiting for someone to sing me your song
My Lord, So many dreams I kept deep inside me
My Lord, I was alone in the dark but now you've come along

Sweet Jesus, Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water could it be finally I'm turning for home?
Sweet Jesus, Finally, a chance to say hey, I love You
Sweet Jesus, Never again to be all alone

Loving Lord, It can't be wrong when it feels so right
Loving Lord, 'Cause You, You light up my life

Precious Jesus, You light up my life
Precious Jesus, You give me hope to carry on
Precious Jesus, You light up my days and fill my nights with song

In John 9:5 Jesus says “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” Far beyond when the sun ceases to shine and warm man, the SON who shines brighter than the noon day sun will shine within us and give warmth and hope to all who see.

I’d like to add Adam Clark’s commentary on “I am the light of the world” - The fountain whence an intellectual light and spiritual understanding proceed: without me {Jesus} all is darkness, misery, and death. The Divine Being was, by the rabbins denominated, The light of the world. So in Bamidbar Rabba: "The Israelites said to God, O Lord of the universe, thou commandest us to light lamps to thee, yet thou art THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD: and with thee the light dwelleth." Our Lord, therefore, assumes here a well known character of the Supreme Being; and with this we find the Jews were greatly offended.

It is not the will of the Father that we hide from this world, but shine forth as we are renewed in the image of his son, the Light of My Life {and I pray yours}.

Let us greatly offend the world, as we are the light of the world {Matthew 5:14 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login