Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 10:7-10 - Jesus, the Door

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 10:7-10 - Jesus, the Door
February 20, 2008 07:30AM
“So Jesus said again, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you that I Myself am the Door for the sheep. All others who came [as such] before Me are thieves and robbers, but the [true] sheep did not listen to and obey them. I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture. The thief comes only in order to steal, kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it “overflows”). John 10:7-10

We know of Jesus as the Good Shepherd, He who is able to gather His own. Now we look at Him as the “door” or gate for sheep to enter in and out. In John 14:6 we read, “Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.” Jesus is the door or entrance to the Father’s presence. It is through Jesus that we can enter into the throne room of God. Not only through Jesus can we enter into the presence of God but we may also go out freely and “find pasture”, a place to eat, to thrive and I believe this is so because of God’s goodness as our heavenly Father. As we enter into God’s presence through Jesus we are given favor in our lives on earth. God will provide for us as His children.

Jesus said that the enemy comes only to steal, kill and destroy, to cause total havoc in our lives if we allow him to. But Jesus came so that we could enjoy life, to bring us joy and hope, to fill our lives in abundance, to assure us that we have life everlasting through faith in Him. Think about people in the days He walked the earth or even today! Many do not know if they are going to heaven and some don’t even believe in a heaven. They believe this life is all there is. How sad is that? Jesus came to affirm that there is life after death of this body. Not only did He say it, He demonstrated it through His death and resurrection becoming the first raised from the dead. Hallelujah! And this is the abundant life He has given us, not just in eternity but for right now. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to comfort and teach us, to draw us closer to Him in spirit and truth. As we recognize the many blessings we have received because of Jesus’ sacrifice, especially being restored to our heavenly Father, then the cares of this world become insignificant for we live not for this world but for our Lord and Savior, our King and our Beloved. The enemy has no hold on us because we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus and nothing can separate us from His love. It is not because of what we do or have done, it is because of what Jesus did for us! He is the door that has gained us access to our Creator and our loving Father. He has taken us who have been separated from Abba God and restored us back to Him. Oh, how wondrous is that! Jesus leads us into the safety that is found behind His door/gate. Hallelujah!

Let us “enter His gates with thanksgiving in our hearts, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations” (Psalms 100:4-5). Amen and amen. Thank You, Jesus!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login