Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Peter 3:4 - A Meek and Quiet Spirit

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I Peter 3:4 - A Meek and Quiet Spirit
February 26, 2008 07:06AM
v 4 “But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” {I Peter 3:4}

God sees the heart of us all, not only the outward heart that we share, but the “hidden” heart of us, His children, that we share on a spiritual plane that “the world” cannot reach therefore cannot corrupt. The outward heart may be troubled by the situations and toils around us as “we” seek peace, but the hidden heart will always be at peace, the peace and tranquility that our Father has placed there when we accepted His son, our Lord Jesus.

{John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.}

As we endeavor to seek the heart of our Father, He is more than willing and able to complete that work. All that is required of us at this time is a willing spirit that is meek and quiet. A meek spirit gives no trouble willingly to anyone, and a quiet spirit bears all wrongs without being troubled.

{Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:}

{Hebrews 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.}

We buy a “new” car or a “new” truck and after a few years it starts to rust - corruptible. Anything that man posses from steel to plastic to nuclear weapons/material is corruptible from it’s inception. Even our outward heart was born corruptible but when we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour, our “hidden hearts” are born of incorruptible seed, the seed of our Father.

Let us all cry out Abba unto him that is our Lord God Almighty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login