Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Past is The Past

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Past is The Past
August 03, 2008 04:36PM
The other day was a real struggle. Just things going on. I found a passage though this morning that really helped me to get through the rest of the day. Isaiah 54:4 "Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth." I have really been struggling with things that I have done in the past. The things have just been coming up in my head and it hurts. Tonight, things got ten times worse. 2 weeks ago I messaged a friend, sharing some thoughts with her because I was worried. Nothing in my message to her was completely horrible. I waited for a while and had not received a message back from her. I figured that she had just deleted my message and ignored it. Well, tonight she finally responded. I was in tears after reading it, and basically believed everything that it had said. That I hadn't changed. That I was the same person I was a couple of years ago. Nothing but a fake. Why the heck would I believe that after reading that passage today? Someone brought this up to me tonight...the verse I was holding onto came from God, the message I received came from an angry friend. Which one is more likely to be true? I think that is what got me through. Knowing that no matter what, God's word is always going to be true and what man says can never change that! Remember, the past is in the past...what you repent of, God remembers no more!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login