Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not Of This World

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Not Of This World
August 04, 2008 05:18PM
For one, I never thought that I would be writing a blog like this ever in my life. A couple of years ago, I cared about what the world thought of me, and how I fit in. The pains of the world were becoming a part of my life, and I seemed to not mind at all. The pains were utterly annoying and at times seemed unbearable. When I accepted Christ, I weened myself from having to fit in and stopped doing the things that I knew I shouldn't have been doing. I still fell into some of those things at times, but it became less and less. Going on vacation with my friends this past weekend has made me realized how sheltered I have made myself. Of course, I knew that my friends drank, as I have drank with them before. I knew that they were having sexual relations with their boyfriends and girlfriends...nothing new. Its when they randomly hook up with people, get so drunk that they don't know what they are doing, and do not care that bothers me! Its not like I have not done any of those things before, but the pain and heartache could be seen right through me as if I was transparent afterwards. Everyone knew that the pain was there...my friends do not show it at all, and even talk as if it is something that is not that big of a deal. Jesus came into this world, but He was not a part of it. Are we not to be Christ like? Are we not to live as Christ did and not live as the world does? For me, I choose to live for Christ, not for the world! Who cares about the sin in your life...there is a gracious God who is there waiting for you to come to Him and say "Oh God, I choose to live my life completely for you, and for you alone!!!"
Anonymous User
Re: Not Of This World
August 05, 2008 09:47AM
Hi Naja,

Upon reading this post my first impulse was to "censor" some of its contents. After all, this is a Christian site and we wouldn't want to offend anyone. Then I was convicted by the Holy Spirit, realizing that it was a religious spirit that was at work, not wanting me to deal with the real issues that are faced by our young people.

I have had time since reading it yesterday to meditate on it and I want to commend you for posting it here. Naja, the sad truth is that young people even younger than "teen" years are finding themselves drinking and having sex. A lot of them haven't been told that it is wrong. Others are hurting so bad, they just don't care.
How very, very sad. If only they knew how precious they are and how loved they are by their heavenly Father. That is my prayer, that they will come to know His love, shown by His dear Son, Jesus Christ.

I want to post more in regards to your post but time isn't available right now. Hopefully this afternoon or evening there will be more time. Until then, thank you for posting this. God bless and keep you.

In His love,
Joan
Anonymous User
Re: Not Of This World
August 06, 2008 11:39AM
Im sorry that at first it seemed sort of offensive..oh my, I thought I screened it enough haha! It is sometimes hard for us to see what is really going on in the lives of others when we are naive to certain things. I say this mainly because I see it in myself at times.

So many are lost and searching in all the wrong places to fill the void that only Christ can fill. Mandisa has a song out called "Voice of a Savior", and it sings just that. We all have a void and we are just trying to fill it up. Never would we have thought that such horrible things were going on in this world! But, if we wish to reach out, we must reach out into the horrible things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login