Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Temptation of Temptations

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Temptation of Temptations
August 06, 2008 04:49PM
I absolutely love how God speaks to you just when you need it. You have friends you know that are not good for you, and you listen to countless people tell you over and over again that you are only setting yourself up for failure. Yeah, I heard that about 100 times last week before I left for the beach. But did I listen? Absolutely not. I convinced myself that I was strong enough to stand up to my friends and take a stand for Christ. I even tried to convince others that I was strong enough to take a stand. I was answering a question for someone else when I was trying to tell them that God would not give them more than they could handle. Of course He wont, but when we try to give ourselves more than we can handle of course we are going to fail! Stop blaming God! By the way, I am speaking more to myself than anything. Why blame God for your failures when you put yourself into the situation!? Let me share this verse. 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." First off, temptations happen to everyone so its not like you are the only one. Secondly, others have been able to resist, so can you! Thirdly, don't expect to resist it on your own, God can help! Finally, the situations that you get yourself into are when the temptations come. So, recognize those dangerous situations and run from them. Choose to do what is right and ask for God's help. Also, seek out friends that love God and want to obey Him just as much as you do!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login