Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forgiveness At Its Best

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Forgiveness At Its Best
August 13, 2008 02:22PM
Have you ever had those people that hurt you so badly that you think, How can I possibly forgive them? Sometimes, it may just be a little thing that has frustrated you and you refuse to forgive out of anger. Is that the way that Jesus has taught us to be? Absolutely not. In the midst of moving, I have realized that there are many people who I have so much anger for that I have not forgiven. If the sinless God of my life can forgive me, what gives me the right to harbor anger and not to forgive those who sinned against me? Me, a sinless person at that! Matthew 18:21-22 shares what Jesus has to say about forgiveness. "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.'" It doesn't say that we should only forgive when we feel like it, but to forgive seventy-seven times. And seriously, it does not mean after you forgive the person for the seventy-seventh time that you just stop forgiving. I love how Jesus puts that. Peter simply asks, probably because he was in a situation where he was getting frustrated with someone or tired of getting hurt by others. Peter also guessed an answer for Jesus. Peter says seven, yet Jesus says seventy-seven. A huge difference. Don't let the anger that you have for others hinder you from forgiving you. Remember what Christ does for us, and the least you should do for not only someone else, but for yourself. Unforgiveness for others is not exactly healthy for yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login