Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blaming Others

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Blaming Others
August 14, 2008 12:19PM
I am reading through a book right now, and actually, this was in a chapter that I read like last week, but something that I have been thinking about a lot. When something happens to us, we tend to blame others for the sin that we committ in response to that. Let me explain this a little better. Say that someone physically hurt you. Of course, you have anger towards that person. You decide that you are going to take your anger out on someone else and hurt them, or you are going to make another destructive choice. Who is to blame for your sin? If you are the one who committed the sin, would it not be your fault? Taking ownership of our own sin is not something that I have ever thought of before. I as well have been blaming others for my sin. And the sins that I know for a fact are mine, I try to hide them so I don't have to deal with them. Romans 5:12 says "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned." So everytime we sin are we going to blame Adam? Sounds kind of ridiculous doesn't it? But thats kind of what we are doing when we blame those around us. What happens to you is someone elses sin, but the way you respond to it is your own sin. Take ownership of it, and it will make you stronger. Once you take ownership of that sin, you will be able to move on and take full committment to repenting from those things. This is probably one of the most amazing things that I have learned within the past week!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login