Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding Favor In God's Eyes

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Finding Favor In God's Eyes
August 16, 2008 10:52AM
This morning, while reading my devotionals, it was all about Leah. I never really thought much about her story, but of course, in a devotional, you get a lot of insight. I always thought that Leah was probably a beautiful girl, but I guessed wrong! She was not the prettiest of them all, and because of this, she struggled a lot. Her own husband loved her sister Rachel more than her! The devotional this morning was talking about giving him her first child. God saw favor in her and opened her womb. This made me think. Her reaction to that child was like so many young girls today. Specifically, this is making me think of my one friend. She is pregnant, and the whole time in the beginning kept telling me that this was going to bring her and her ex back together. Needless to say, he never wanted to see her again. Leah's response was kind of the same. Hoping that this baby would bring him back to her, the little boy didnt. Leah still praised God for the child that she was given. She was trying to so hard to find favor in the eyes of people around her, that her self worth went down. That is what happens when we focus on the people around us to fulfill us. There is no satisfaction like the satisfaction that God gives us. We focus so much of our energy on pleasing people of this world that we ignore what God really has to offer us. He is the one that can bring complete fulfillment of our hearts! So, who are you looking to to find your self worth?
Anonymous User
Re: Finding Favor In God's Eyes
August 19, 2008 07:25AM
Powerful word, filled with wisdom. Thanks so much for sharing it. Hopefully others reading this will find that without realizing and receiving the favor God's give to us each day we will never, never feel complete. As you said, only God can bring complete fulfillment of our hearts. Amen and amen!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login