Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Everything Through Prayer

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Everything Through Prayer
August 18, 2008 06:35PM
Our communication with God. We pick up the phone and dial our friend's number, but yet sometimes they don't answer. We pick up with phone and dial God's number, and He always answers. Sometimes, we just need to talk to someone, and at times, there isn't anyone around to listen. Do we then just give up? Of course not! We can call upon God at anytime...no matter what time or how long we need to talk. Philippians 4:6 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I am someone who worries a lot, but why worry when we know that God has everything under control. We need to take everything to Him through prayer knowing that He has complete control of our lives. John 16:24 says "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." God tells us that when we ask, we will receive. With a promise like that, why do we ignore? When God tells us that He has everything under control but we must come to Him, we do not? Our prayer lives are so important. I have found this extremely important lately. I am getting uneasy about leaving for college, if you couldn't tell by now! I just now realized that my nerves can be calmed and everything will be okay if I just trust in God and talk to Him. Talking to Him is relaxing, and giving Him all your worries is amazing. He will take away those negative feelings. He understsands whatever we are going through, and wants us to give them to Him. Everything in our lives should be consulted with God first. He cares, and wants to be a part of our every day life!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login