Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute - August 22

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
American Minute - August 22
August 22, 2008 07:42AM
American Minute for August 22nd:

Born AUGUST 22, 1934, he served in Vietnam, commanded the U.S. forces in Grenada and Desert Storm, was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal and knighted by the Queen of England. This was four star General Norman Schwarzkopf. On December 22, 1990, President George H.W. Bush was asked by the press: "There continues to be reports that American servicemen are not being allowed to wear American flag patches on their uniforms. There continues to be restrictions by the Saudis on religious materials." President Bush responded: "I've discussed this with our commanding general, H. Norman Schwarzkopf, and I am satisfied that our young men and women over there will be able to do what every other American family will be doing-thanking God for our many blessings at Christmas." In a 1991 interview with David Frost, General Schwarzkopf described an extreme flanking maneuver to cut off the Iraqi retreat: "When my forward commander radioed that they had reached the Euphrates River...I waited... 'General,' he said, 'I've got to tell you about the casualties.' I braced myself. 'One man was slightly wounded.' That's when I knew God was with us."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login