Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for September 8th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
September 08, 2008 09:59AM

On SEPTEMBER 8, 2005, President Bush declared a Day of Prayer and Remembrance, saying: "Hurricane Katrina was one of the worst natural disasters in our Nation's history and has caused unimaginable devastation and heartbreak throughout the Gulf Coast Region...Communities...decimated...Lives...lost...Hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans are suffering great hardship." President Bush continued: "To honor the memory of those who lost their lives, to provide comfort and strength to families of the victims...I call upon all Americans to pray to Almighty God and to perform acts of service." President Bush concluded: "Across our Nation, many selfless deeds reflect the promise of the Scripture: 'For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in.'" Another destruction on SEPTEMBER 8, in the year 70 AD, was the city of Jerusalem. Historian Josephus recorded a million died as the Roman army laid siege. For centuries, many wished to pilgrimage there, including Abraham Lincoln. Mrs. Lincoln recalled the President's last words in Ford's Theater: "He said he wanted to visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footprints of the Savior. He was saying there was no city he so much desired to see as Jerusalem."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login