Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sunshine in The Rain

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Sunshine in The Rain
February 19, 2009 09:52PM
A girl on my floor has been listening to Natalie Grant's song "In Better Hands Now." My first instinct was to tell her to turn it off because it was getting really annoying. But, isn't that how we work? We don't stop to take time to ponder on why the person may be doing something, such as listening to a song over and over. I luckily have some of a heart and could not possibly tell her to just shut up. I started listening to the song over and over with her, this time paying attention to the words. Its an amazing song! There is a part of the song where it says "its like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down." Oh, but do we really notice that the sun is shining when it seems as if its raining? Do we see that God's glory and promises are still there even if there are even a few clouds in our lives? I don't think that its that God isn't shining in those bad times, it just that we do not allow His beautiful light to shine into our lives. He can take away any clouds or hard storms that come into our lives. So, why are we hiding under umbrellas and not allowing the Son to shine into us? The light that God offers is so much better than an umbrella (umbrella can be compared to any sort of method to take emotional pain away for a short time ie. drugs, alcohol, unhealthy relationships). We need to let the light of God shine into our lives, even when the hardest storms come our way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login