Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Love, Love, Love!!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Love, Love, Love!!!
February 19, 2009 09:52PM
Okay, here is part 2 of the annoying yet meaninful song. I hate talking about love, so this is a real challenge for me, and probably why I didn't post this right away. Today, I was even thinking to myself, do I really know what true love is, or am I just using the phrase "I love you" too loosely? So, I started making a list of what love is. But, where to start? Is God not the ultimate example of love? I think when even trying to figure out what love is, God is the perfect example that we need to consider. Okay, off of my tangent and onto the song. There is a line in the song that says "You can't love, if you don't love yourself." Part of me started wondering about this line too whether there is truth behind it. So, of course, I started thinking about it. Can we not love someone else if we understand God's love and what love really is? But, then, how do we understand God's love if we don't love ourselves? If we do not love ourselves, we are basically telling ourselves that we are not worthy of the love that God gives us. I love how I am saying this, because I am probably a prime example of someone not really loving themself, and expecting to understand God's love. Here a steps that I made in order to start showing a life of love. Step number one is seek God's love and grasp the characteristics of His love. Step two is begin to love yourself as God loves you. Step three is to begin to love others the way that God loves you and them, and also the way that you should be loving yourself!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login