Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 6th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 06, 2009 09:15AM

APRIL 6, 1917, the United States entered World War I by declaring war on Germany. Within the next two years, America enlisted 4 million soldiers and spent 35 billion dollars, resulting in an Allied victory. In a Day of Prayer Proclamation, October 19, 1917, President Woodrow Wilson stated: "In view of the entrance of our nation into the vast and awful war which now afflicts the greater part of the world...I set apart...a day upon which our people should...offer concerted prayer to Almighty God for His divine aid in the success of our arms." In another Proclamation, May 11, 1918, President Wilson wrote: "Whereas it has always been the reverent habit of the people of the United States to turn in humble appeal to Almighty God...I, Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim...a day of public humiliation, prayer and fasting, and do exhort my fellow-citizens of all faiths and creeds to assemble on that day in their several places of worship...to pray Almighty God that He may forgive our sins...and purify our hearts...to accept and defend all things that are just and right...beseeching Him that He will give victory to our armies as they fight for freedom."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login