Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 20th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 20, 2009 08:36AM

His interpreter, Moses Tinda Tautamy, helped him minister to Indians along the Susquehanna and Delaware Rivers, camping at night. Born APRIL 20, 1718, missionary David Brainerd wrote in his Journal: "FORKS OF DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, Lord's day, July 21, 1745. Preached to the Indians...Divine truth seemed to make very considerable impressions and caused the tears to flow freely. Afterwards I baptized my interpreter and his wife, who were the first I baptized among the Indians...Though before he had been a hard drinker...it is now more than six months since he experienced this change; in which space of time he has been exposed to strong drink in places where it has been moving free as water; yet has never desired after it...He discourses feelingly of the conflicts and consolations of a real Christian." David Brainerd contracted tuberculosis and was nursed at the home of Princeton president Jonathan Edwards. Dying at age 29, David Brainerd's diary inspired millions, including John Wesley, William Carey and Oswald J. Smith. David Brainerd wrote: "Oh, how precious is time, and how it pains me to see it slide away, while I do so little to any good purpose. Oh, that God would make me more fruitful."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login