Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

American Minute for April 28th:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 28, 2009 10:05AM

Leading the charge at the Battle of Trenton, a musket ball struck his shoulder, hitting an artery. He recovered and continued to fight for General Washington, becoming friends with French officer Lafayette. His name was James Monroe, born APRIL 28, 1758. After the Revolution, James Monroe studied law under Thomas Jefferson, was elected Senator, Governor of Virginia and Secretary of State, where he negotiated the Louisiana Purchase and the Monroe Doctrine. Elected the 5th U.S. President, James Monroe stated in his Inaugural Address, March 4, 1817: "I enter on the trust to which I have been called by the suffrages of my fellow-citizens with my fervent prayers to the Almighty that He will be graciously pleased to continue to us that protection which He has already so conspicuously displayed." In his First Annual Message to Congress, 1817, President James Monroe stated: "For advantages so numerous and highly important it is our duty to unite in grateful acknowledgments to that Omnipotent Being from whom they are derived, and in unceasing prayer that He will endow us with virtue and strength to maintain and hand them down in their utmost purity to our latest posterity."

www.AmericanMinute.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login