Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A word of encouragement

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
A word of encouragement
May 10, 2007 11:50AM
Blessings to all,

This morning as I was spending time with the Lord I was moved by the realization that so many people are going through difficult times in their lives. It seems more and more challenges are facing them and under the weight of these burdens their minds wonder "where is God" and some even begin to doubt that God exists at all.

Perhaps these thoughts came because of watching Nightline last night entitled "Does God Exist". It was a debate between Kirk Cameron and Ron Comfort vs. two self-proclaimed atheist, Brian Sapient and Kelly (who asked her last name be revealed). At one time the floor was open to the audience to ask questions. I was astounded at the animosity that was in the crowd, especially as one woman angrily asked, "if God exists, then why did he created cancer." Ray Comforts response was that we live in a sin influenced world and that is why bad things happen in it.

Thinking on her question this morning and knowing the despair that seems to filling the world my heart broke. Her she was quick to blame God for "creating" cancer. If a parent tells a their children who are in their teens or older not to walk on the highway because of the dangers there and then the child goes against the parent's warning and walks on the highway, gets hit by a car and losses a leg, is the parent to blame for their injury or was it the willfulness of the child who went against the parents' warning to blame. How can we blame God for the bad in this world when He has given us instruction and warnings to try to keep us safe? Oh, how He must mourn for those who will not heed His voice.

Dear Ones, know you have a heavenly Father who loves you very much. Not only did He send His Son, Christ Jesus to save you from your sins, He sent Jesus to restore us back to relationship with your heavenly Father. God is waiting with open arms for you to come to Him, for you to draw strength and truth through His Son.

Does God exist? Most assuredly, as does the air we breath. And He has good plans for us. In Jeremiah 29:11 we read, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." While we will all go through trials in life, He is there, waiting for us to call out to Him for help and strength. His arms are opened and He loves you more than you can imagine.

Knowing from Whom my help comes,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login