Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Brief Testimony of My Precious Husband's Life (635 Views)

Anonymous User
A Brief Testimony of My Precious Husband's Life (635 Views)
June 11, 2009 07:55AM
Billy was a humble man and I am sure he is amazed by all those who came to honor him and pay their respects. He never knew his full worth but those who were touched by his life did. How deeply blessed I am for having him as my husband and my friend and we both knew how richly God had blessed us with our daughters, our sons, their children as well as extended family and friends, both in the natural and spiritual.

They say you can measure a man by his life. If you have had the opportunity to view the many photos here you will have seen that Billy lived a good and full life, perhaps not in years but definitely in quality. But I think you can find an even deeper measure of a man in his dying. I think I learned more about Billy during his illness and especially over these past few months that made me love him all the more. He had to endure indignities and pain that would have found most of us angry and challenging our faith in God, but not Billy. He just quietly endured the embarrassment of a weakened body, held tight to his Lord and smiled at those around him. Yes, what he had to suffer because of this illness and how he reacted to it spoke volumes of the true character of this man. These last several months Billy was pretty much restricted to bed. Many times he would slid down in the bed and would have to be lifted up again so his feet did not touch the bed frame. I can’t count the times the nurses or aides would say in regards to this that he was a big man. While they were talking about his structure I am fully persuaded that God was using those words to let Billy know that he was a big man in His eyes.

While cancer would strive to steal from that quality of life, Billy’s faith and relationship with a risen Christ and a loving Father gave him strength to walk not in the sickness that took resident in his body but rather he drew from the hope he had in Christ Jesus that was greater than any sickness or circumstance this world could throw at him. Billy knew that God was real. He experienced His love, mercy and grace. Jesus was not only his Savior but his friend as well and he took comfort that he would see Him one day face to face. And now he has. I can just see my husband smiling, his eyes lit up with joy and his arms lifted in praise and thanksgiving. Oh, thank You, Jesus!

Billy would have me extend his love to each one of you and to thank you for being a part of his life. And I thank you as well. I pray one day you will each know how special you are to us and how thankful we are for your lives. You are a treasure beyond compare in God’s eyes and in ours. The days ahead will not be easy as the void left in our hearts by Billy’s passing becomes more real. But I pray we do not let that sadness detract from the beauty and richness we knew because of him. Perhaps it will help you to focus on a prophetic word given to Billy by Lloyd Phillips, a dear brother and friend in Christ which reads:

“Bill, …as soon as we met I saw a star and I saw your name on it and I really don’t know what that means but there’s a star with your name on it. But I know that the Lord, He writes our names on things, like a medal, for certain things.

But here was this star with your name on it and I really felt like the Lord, He just kind of put that up there in heaven to say, “This is My beloved son,” ya know, “and this is my servant that has been serving Me faithful, he’s been faithful to Me. I’m watching him and I want all the angels to know. ….”

How neat that God has a star with Billy’s name on it. Through all of Billy’s trials and tribulations the Lord has been watching him and seeing him faithful. I wonder what the angels are saying to Billy right now! Sweetheart, my dear, precious Billy, I know you are hearing the words you have longed to hear - “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Heaven’s gain is our loss. How grateful we are in knowing that because of Christ Jesus we will one day be reunited with you. We rejoice that you are whole and are suffering no longer. Not only will you forever live in eternity with our heavenly Father and our Lord, Jesus Christ you will live forever in our hearts.

We love you more than words can say and we thank God for you. You are our hero. Thank you for your love and example. We have seen Christ in you, the hope of glory and we live in the hope and promise of being united with you one day. Please continue to put in a good word for all of us down here. We’re especially going to need it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 07:56AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login