Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Call of God. (627 Views)

Anonymous User
The Call of God. (627 Views)
November 20, 2007 12:01PM
Good morning family!

I want to praise and rejoice in the Lord this morning because of His great mercy that He has shown us in His love. I want to praise Him for the great move of the Spirit last night in class. The word was open up with great clarity to us and we rejoiced in it amen.

This morning in my praise and worship time the Lord started to deal with me some more on the calling that is placed up us. Just who is it that has called us and how do they call us? What is this calling of? What is the purpose of this calling?

Folks when i started this supposedly short look in to our calling and election i did not think that it would entail so much. Praise God was i surprised as i Begin to look into this great subject. amen. His word to us is full of His wonderful truths to us.

Ok now lets us ask the Holy Spirit to bless and give His revelation into the word of God. Let it be even as i ask dear Lord amen.

First i would like to look at these verses that establishes the fact that we are call of God. This will be our sure foundation as we get into the rest of our calling. We must make it sure in our hearts that it is God who has called us and not someone else. Amen

His calling on our lives will cause us to either except or to reject this calling.

1Th 2:12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and
glory.

Ok now first As we look at this verse in 1th 2:12 we learn that we are called of God in to His kingdom and His glory..

"God" ( God the Father, the first person in the trinity Who is also the God head of the trinity. The God of all creation)

"who hath called" This word "who" gives the identity of the person that the subject is talking about ( the God who)

Hath (Has )

"Called" ( to call aloud, to invite ,to call, to name by name
and to give a name to the one that responded to His calling.)

" you unto his kingdom and glory"

"You" means (you personally)

"into His Kingdom" ( kingdom (of God) which is the kingdom (of heaven)

"and Glory" ( most glorious condition, most exalted state
of condition with God the Father in heaven to which
Christ was raised after he had achieved his work on earth.
It is that glorious condition of blessedness into which is
appointed and promised that true Christians shall enter
after their Saviour's return from heaven )

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ok now in this verse in we see that God has called us to be saints.

"Saints" ( most holy person)

1Cr 1:9 God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

In this verse in 1cr 1:9 we see that God has called us into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ>

"fellowship" Gives us this ( fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation)

1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect,
stablish, strengthen, settle [you].

Now in this verse in 1peter 5:10 God has called us in to His eternal glory"

"his eternal glory" This word eternal is this ( for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity, without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be.
it is without beginning, without end, never to cease, everlasting.)

"Glory" (a thing belonging to God , the kingly majesty which belongs to him as supreme as ruler of all his creation, majesty in the sense of the absolute)

Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, [and] called:

In this verse in Jude 1:1 it tells us that we were called and sanctified be God the Father.

"Called" here means that we were ( invited (by God in the proclamation of the Gospel) to obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom through Christ)

1Cr 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Here again in this verse in 1cr 1:2 we see that we were called to be saints. amen.

So you See folks that it was God the Father that did the calling on us and not someone else. It is important that we understand this so that we will not listen to Any strange calling in our lives.

Arise children of God and give ear to the calling that God has placed upon our lives. So that it will be well with our souls. amen.

Jesus loves you, yes He loves you, He really loves us amen.

Ir is written in the volume of the book of His love for us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login