Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Why Should the Believer Pray. (346 Views)

Anonymous User
Why Should the Believer Pray. (602 Views)
May 31, 2007 09:10AM
would like to look in-depth into the all important Question of who should we pray for and what is prayer to the Believer.

We are going to look at various scriptures in order to understand who we are to pray for and it‘s importance to us as a Believer in the Lord..

So let ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God’s word to us . Let it be as I ask dear Lord amen.

1st one is who shall we pray for.

As a believer we know and have been warned by Jesus that men will come against us and try to use us and that they will persecute us for His name sake.

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Luk 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake.

Why does the evilness of man cause them to come against the Believer's way of life.

It is because they have not come in to the knowledge of God the Father who has sent Him into the World that man may be saved from their wickenness.

Jhn 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Jesus has commanded us the Believer to pray for all that come against us for His name sake.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

This word “but” that is used Here gives us a picture of a deep understanding of what God demands from us. It is saying “nevertheless” in all these things I have this commandment to give unto you.

“BUT”

“I say unto you”

The word “I” affirms to us the identity of the speaker.

‘Say” Gives unto us these truths.

1-to say,
2-to speak
3- affirm over, is to over rule all of our thoughts in the matter at hand.
4-maintain means that it is of a truth to us
5- to teach
6- to exhort, advise, to command, direct
7-to point out with words, intend, mean, mean to say
8- to call by name, It also has the intent of a personally nature to it. In others words what He is saying is only for the believer. It is to the believer that is reading this Word of commandment.

We are then to do these things .

1-Love your enemies,
2-bless them that curse you,
3-do good to them that hate you,

Then He says this astonishing word to us.

HE THEN GOS ON TO COMAMMAND US TO DO THIS VERY THING THAT IS CONTRAY TO OUR FLASHLY NATURE..

Pray for them which despitefully use you,

We are to offer up prayers for all those who despitefully use us.

To use Despitefully is someone that insults the Believer and to treat the same abusively, to revile against them and to bring false statements against them. It also gives us the picture of being threaten by those that are against the Believer. To insult the believer.

"and persecute you; "

Now folks here is something that is against every thing that we have learned as we were going up. Because it is in our very sin nature to stand against anyone that comes against us in a hostile manner. To defend one self.

Persecute means this.

1-to pursue (in a hostile manner)
2- in any way whatever to harass, trouble, molest one

This is a hard saying to except but except we must.

Jesus tells us that we must pray for those who come against us in this manor. It is not something that we can choose not to do.

He tells us if we love Him then we are to obey Him.

Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

O how wonderful is the Love of the Father of us.

Will continue.
YBIC
John
Anonymous User
Re: Why Should the Believer Pray. (317 Views)
May 31, 2007 11:00AM
Amen and Amen!

John, while reading your post I was struck with the understanding that the reason we are to pray for those who are our enemies is a matter of the heart. If we take offense to the curses, and evil things that are said and done to us then we are open to the enemy, forgetting that "God so loved the world that He sent His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him might have eternal life." While we were yet sinners God sent His Beloved Son. We are no better than any one else, even those who despitefully use us. It is only because of Jesus Christ and Him alone that we have been redeemed into God's favor and mercy. Our hearts are to be like the Lord's who desires that no man (woman, child) be lost but that all come to the saving knowledge of Christ Jesus. Glory to God! May our hearts beat in unity with our Lord's, filled to overflowing with love for mankind, weeping for their weaknesses and interceding on their behalf. Let it be so, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

In Him,
Joan
Anonymous User
Re: Why Should the Believer Pray. (306 Views)
June 03, 2007 06:44PM
How should the Christian pray.

In the first lesson we looked at the Christian responsibility of praying for those who persecute and use the believer.

Jesus tells us that we must pray for those who come against us in this manor. It is not something that we can choose not to do.

Today I want to look at how the Believer should not pray. It is found in Math. 6:5-6. So lets ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God’s Word to us. Let it be as I ask dear Lord amen.

One way that the believer should not pray is recorded to us in Mat 6:5-6.

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou salt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou pretest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seethe in secret shall reward thee openly.

In Mat 6th I believe that Jesus is giving to us the difference of the Believer and the unbeliever. I just want to look at the prayer aspect part of His discourse.

And when thou prayest

The word “and “ that is used here is a continuation of what Jesus is telling us. It is an announcement Spoken with authority

It means “also, even, indeed, but” He is saying even so after you have become a believer this is what you must do.

This word “when” means that when we pray in this manor this is the way to not do it and I will show you the way that you must pray when you pray in this manor.

thou salt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

There is two ways that the hypocrites pray that the believer must avoid.

1-Pray standing in the synagogues by standing before all.

2- pray standing on the street corners of the streets.
Ok now first we need to define just what a hypocrites is.

A hypocrite is one who simulate, feign, pretend something which he is not. This word came from the description of an actor. The actors of old would play a part in the play and he would be the only one who portrays all the characters/ The way that he does this is that he would carry masks around with him and as the character would change all he would do was take off or put on a mask that resembled the character. In other words you did not know who he was until he put on or took off one of his mask.

He pretended to be the character that the mask looked liked. But when he took off his mask he would become something entirely different.

Jesus was saying that when you prayed in like manor do not hide behind a false identity of the hypocrite do not try to be some thing that you are not.

The way that you present yourself before the world is what people see and believe of you.

In other words do not say that you are a believer to others and when they are not looking be some one else. You are being a hypocrite when you do.

The hypocrite already has his reward and it will be in some type of punishment that merits what the hypocrite deserves in Gods eye.

God does not hear the prayer of the hypocrite but he does hear the prayers of the believer.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2Ch 6:21 Hearken therefore unto the supplications of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, which they shall make toward this place: hear thou from thy dwelling place, [even] from heaven; and when thou hearest, forgive.

2Ch 6:23 Then hear thou from heaven, and do, and judge thy servants, by requiting the wicked, by recompensing his way upon his own head; and by justifying the righteous, by giving him according to his righteousness.

2Ch 6:27 Then hear thou from heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, when thou hast taught them the good way, wherein they should walk; and send rain upon thy land, which thou hast given unto thy people for an inheritance.

2Ch 6:30 Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men

Psa 20:6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

Will look at verse 6 next time to see how the believer should pray in like manor.

God Bless and keep you.

YBIC
John
Anonymous User
Re: Why Should the Believer Pray. (346 Views)
June 13, 2007 06:28AM
Today I want to look at how the Believer should pray. It is found in Math. 6:5-6. So lets ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God’s Word to us. Let it be as I ask dear Lord amen.

Well in the last lesson we learned how the believer should not pray as the hypocrite did.

WE learned that the motive of the hypocrites prayers was to be seen by man

There is two ways that the hypocrites pray that the believer must avoid.

1-Pray standing in the synagogues by standing before all.

2- pray standing on the street corners of the streets.
Ok now first we need to define just what a hypocrites is.

A hypocrite is one who simulate, feign, pretend something which he is not. This word came from the description of an actor. The actors of old would play a part in the play and he would be the only one who portrays all the characters/ The way that he does this is that he would carry masks around with him and as the character would change all he would do was take off or put on a mask that resembled the character. In other words you did not know who he was until he put on or took off one of his mask.

He pretended to be the character that the mask looked liked. But when he took off his mask he would become something entirely different.

Today we are looking at the believers prayer as he prays to God in a very personnel way.

The difference is that the believer is to pray in private in his prayer closet so to speak.

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

For the hypocrites prayer has already been answered with his reward being hid in the darkness of their sins. his reward will evaporate with the morning dew that falls at night time and when the sun shines upon it and it is exposed it evaporates and is no more heard only by the ears of man who he is trying to impress.

The Believer who goes into his closet is hidden from the eyes of man and his prayer is heard by God the Father who listens and will reward this persons prayer openly so that all will know that this person is blessed of God. So that all who see will have a desire to be blessed also of God..

We must not say that all prayers should be prayed in private because there are some prayers that is don in public and out in the open.

This lesson is only to compare the prayers of the hypocrite who only prays so that man can hear him to the prayer of the believer who he wants only God to hear his prayers.

Here are some examples of prayers that was prayed in private.

Moses prayed forty days and nights for the Israelites .

Deu 9:25 ¶ Thus I fell down before the LORD forty days and forty nights, as I fell down [at the first]; because the LORD had said he would destroy you.

Samuel’s prayer.

1sam 15:11

Elijah’s prayer.

1King:19-20

Peter’s prayer

Act. 10:9.

Cornelius’s prayer.

Act. 10:30

Jesus’ prayers done in secrete

Mark.6:46
Mark 1:35.
There are many examples of how Jesus went off by himself to pray to the Father.

Why is it important that we pray in secrete. When we do so we are acknowledging that God is our Father and creator and that it is His desire to give unto us the desire of our hearts. We are not to pray to man nor pray so that man can hear us praying personally to God. When we do so we are then laying our pearls out before man. It is in the very sin nature of man to make fun of the believer.

Math. 7:6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Humble yourselves before God and he will hear you. To be a believer as we pray we need to humble ourselves before God in our prayer time. This is the act of emptying oneself as we go before the Lord so that we are not carrying any known sin into His throne room.

Next we will look at how the believer should not use vain repetitions in our prayers.

YBIC
John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login