Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More update on Billy

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
More update on Billy
October 16, 2008 08:06AM
Hi All,

Visiting Billy yesterday morning found him a little more alert than the day before. He was able to move his left leg and arm quite well but the right side remains the same at this time with no movement.

Now last night's visit was a little more unsettling because he was not responding to us very well, only to find out that they had just given him pain meds and he was heavily sedated. Did ask for an update and found that they did the swallow test again that day and Billy passed with flying colors and he had meatloaf and mashed potatoes and was doing quite well there. That was good to hear since he'd had trouble swallowing at home the couple of days prior to surgery. Must have been due to all the pressure that was in his head.

The nurse also said that Billy had been able to assist them by moving as they were trying to clean him up. He had gotten a fresh, clean shave and looked great! I had tried to help him shave with his electric shaver at home but was not having a very good go at it. It was good to see him looking all clean shaven and spiffy. :-)

We didn't want to tire him out so we didn't stay long last night. He did respond to my kisses and to my question if he was alright, to which he indicated that he was. Hopefully this morning he will be feeling much better.

Oh, the MRI showed that the swelling was down which I am assuming is a good thing. In one of his brain surgeries Billy wore a wild gadget on his head that made him look like an alien. There was swelling at that time. Surgery alone can cause swelling on the brain so to know that the swelling is down is an altogether good thing.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your concern. It means so much more to us than we can express in words. God bless and keep you and yours in the shadow of His wing, and may you walk in the peace that passes understanding. We thank God for you and love you very much.

Love,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login