Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day 25 - Pray the Vote - Pray & Fasting

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Day 25 - Pray the Vote - Pray & Fasting
October 19, 2008 09:42AM
For Candidates Who Will Seek Insight and Understanding from God First

For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.--Proverbs 2:6

All-wise God, thank You that knowledge and understanding are found in You alone. You are the source of all wisdom, and I praise You for offering to us Your bountiful insight and understanding.

O Lord, You know the personal habits and disciplines of each candidate running for office. Today, I ask You to move in their lives, causing them to seek You first whenever they are faced with a decision, no matter how large or small. The temptation to trust in our own wisdom is great for us all. May You be there, helping our candidates to seek Your wisdom and understanding first. I pray this in the wise and good name of Jesus Christ, amen.

[www.presidentialprayerteam.org]
------------------------------------------

Dear Heavenly Father, in Proverbs 4:5 of Your Word it reads, "Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth." Please forgive us as a nation from declining from the words of Your Mouth. We have sinned against You when we continually asked for Your favor and goodness yet sought not to receive all of Your will and Your ways in our lives. We have sinned against You as a nation and our hearts are broken that we have fornicated with another rather than being faithful to You. Hear our cries, oh God, as we come before You with repented hearts and seek You anew with all of our hearts, minds, souls and spirits, knowing without You we are lost.

Lord, we do seek wisdom and understanding for in it we find You. Proverbs 1:7 tells us that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom," but Holy One, it idoes not stop there. It goes on to say, " But fools despise wisdom and instruction." We have become as fools in this nation for we have sought wisdom and instruction apart from You. Forgive us this day and lead us not not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one who has corrupted our souls and bring us back to You as a nation and a people, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login