Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
A Prayer of Thanksgiving
November 28, 2008 09:16AM
Heavenly Father, though it is the day after Thanksgiving it has been placed on my heart to come here and lift up a prayer of gratitude and appreciation for the many, many blessings You have given us daily. But even more than the blessings You provide, we thank You for Who You are, faithful, righteous and true. Bless You, oh God, for being All that is good and loving Your creation as You do. Thank You that we can place our trust in us, knowing that Your plans for us are for good and not to harm us, even if the situation at the moment might seem difficult. Thank You for Your written Word that is something tangible we have at our disposal so that we can read it and study it and learn more about Your ways and even to see ways we should not walk lest we provoke Your anger. Father, You despise evil. Should we not, too?

Father, Father, Father, thank You so much for sending Your only Begotten Son, Jesus. We lift prayers of thanksgiving to Him as well, that He would honor You in all His ways and provide a example for us to follow. How His tender heart must have been broken when people turned away from the gift You had provided for them through Your Son; salvation and an opportunity to become joint heirs of righteousness with Him. Even now I do not fully understand why my heart was able to receive Him as my Lord and my King but I am fully persuaded that it is because of the prayers of others and the upbringing that I had. Thank You for that, Lord. Thank You for all You have given and continue to give

And, Holy One, thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us, especially in this hour when the need is so great. We of ourselves can do nothing without His help and all that You provide. Thank You, thank You, thank You!

Surely there is more to be thankful of. Father, help us not only to speak our thankfulness and gratitude to You but help us to be more and more like Your Son that through Him you might be blessed. Let it be so, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login