Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Angola

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Angola
August 01, 2007 01:29PM
Angola is a country in south-central Africa bordering Namibia to the south, Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, and Zambia to the east, and with a west coast along the Atlantic Ocean. The exclave province Cabinda has a border with the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. A former Portuguese colony, it has considerable natural resources, among which oil and diamonds are the most significant.

The country is nominally a democracy and is formally named the Republic of Angola.

The earliest people of the area were Khoisan hunter-gatherers. They were largely replaced by Bantu tribes during Bantu migrations, though small numbers of Khoisan remain in parts of southern Angola to the present day.

The geographical area now designated as Angola first became the subject to incursions by Europeans in the late 15th century. In 1483 Portugal established a base at the river Congo, where the Kongo State, Ndongo and Lunda existed. The Kongo State stretched from modern Gabon in the north to the Kwanza River in the south. In 1575 Portugal established a colony at Cabinda based on slave trade. The Portuguese gradually took control of the coastal strip throughout the sixteenth century by a series of treaties and wars forming the country of Angola.

At 481,321 mi² (1,246,700 km² ), Angola is the world's twenty-third largest country. It is comparable in size to Mali and is nearly twice the size of the US state of Texas.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father today I bring before you the Republic of Angola for your consideration. I have worldly knowledge of this nation of which I am sure that you have, but I am also sure that your knowledge, foresight, and love transcends all that the people have done or have not done. Innocent blood has been and is being spilled to this very day.

Have mercy upon the land and the people of Angola, judge them for their actions but please I ask, look into the hearts of the people and judge them for the intents of their hearts. I ask this in the name of your son, my Lord and my messiah, Jesus.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Angola
October 15, 2007 01:49PM
Sweet Lord, open the eyes of these precious people and let them see the truth and wonder of serving You all the days of their lives. Soften their hearts so that those who do not yet know Your Son might receive Him and those who do might serve Him with honor and glory for Your sake, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login