Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for Antigua and Barbuda

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for Antigua and Barbuda
August 05, 2007 02:29PM
Antigua and Barbuda is an island nation located in the eastern Caribbean Sea on the boundary with the Atlantic Ocean. This country has two major islands: Antigua and Barbuda . They are located in the middle of the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean.

Pre-ceramic Amerindians were the first to inhabit the islands of Antigua and Barbuda in 2400 BC. Later Arawak and Carib Amerindian tribes populated the islands. The island of Antigua was named Waladli by these natives and is today called Wadadli by the local population.

Christopher Columbus landed on his second voyage in 1493 and named the island Santa Maria de la Antigua after a church in Seville, Spain. Early settlement by the Spanish was replaced by English rule from 1632, with a French interlude in 1666. Subsequently Irish Catholic slaves were transported to Antigua.

Slavery, established to run the sugar plantations on Antigua, was abolished in 1834.

The islands became an independent state within the Commonwealth of Nations on November 1, 1981, with Elizabeth II as the first independent monarch of Antigua and Barbuda, and Vere Bird became her first prime minister.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, almighty Lord, I come into your presence to offer up to you Antigua and Barbuda, islands that have a checkered past with independent rule and then Spain, England, France, and then again English rule. Slavery is in the island’s past but not in your past as you have no time frame, no beginning and no end.

My Father, I ask you to show your mercies upon these islands and the people that inhabit them. I ask for your grace to abound in and around the islands of Antigua and Barbuda. Let them be another beacon of your light in the Caribbean. Amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for Antigua and Barbuda
October 15, 2007 01:55PM
Yes, Lord. Amen and amen! Father, if there has not been a repentance for their involvement in slavery, let it come forth now, in Jesus' name we pray. Let Your mercies flow mightily upon these islands and its people and Your grace abounding so changing their lifes forever, reflecting the Light of Your Son in the Caribbean, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login