Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Forgive Me

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Please Forgive Me
May 24, 2011 09:27AM
Good morning Holy One,

As I look out the window I notice the cloudiness of the day with more rain on its way. We have had the longest, darkest winter and now spring than we have seen for some time. It is so clummy out there. Yet, I recognize that I am in the comfort of my home as I type this, running water and electricity at my finger tips. I read of the tornado that has hit Joplin, Missouri and am reminded of the floods, draught and other tornadoes that have hit our shores and sadness hits my heart as I only imagine what these families and loved ones must be going through as they face their loss. My soul is convicted for I am aware of how much I have and even with all these blessings before me I grumble at the weather.

Oh, Father, please forgive me for my selfishness. I realize that which You have blessed me with has made me sometimes focus on the blessings and taking them for granted. How easy the flesh desires to be catered to, wanting even more when it should be satisfied with the needs being met. Like a spoiled child is not not happy with what it has but wants more or what another has. I am humbled before You, contrite as I see I have lost my focus.

You, my Lord, should always be my focus and not only in times of need. My spirit wants so much to be all You have called me to be. I sometimes forget whose child I am and how incredibly awesome You are. To be blessed to be Yours is the highest blessing of all. Please help me to remember this. Please help me to desire this for others as well, as do You. Please help me to lift others in prayer rather than focusing on my self. Help me to love as You love, care as You care and live as You would have me live. Please always remind me that You are God and I am not. I am weak but You are strong. My flesh is selfish and Your Spirit is giving. My arm is short but Yours is far reaching. You are love and I am loved by You. How incredible is that! In awe of You I stand and in awe of You I desire to live, moment by moment knowing of Your goodness, Your mercy and Your grace.

This morning I ask for Your forgiveness and I ask that Your Spirit would help me to be confirmed into the image of Your Son and that I would put on the mind of Christ as I go about the day. I ask this not only for myself but for all those who call upon the name of Jesus as their Lord. You have blessed us so much through Him. That blessing alone should keep us smiling all the days of our life throughout eternity. Help us to remember this, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login