Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Commonwealth of Australia

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Commonwealth of Australia
August 10, 2007 10:55AM
The Commonwealth of Australia is a country in the southern hemisphere comprising the mainland of the world's smallest continent, the major island of Tasmania and a number of other islands in the Southern, Indian and Pacific Oceans. The neighbouring countries are Indonesia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the north, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia to the north-east, and New Zealand to the south-east.

The Australian mainland has been inhabited for more than 42,000 years by Indigenous Australians. After sporadic visits by fishermen from the north and by European explorers and merchants starting in the 17th century, the eastern half of Australia was claimed by the British in 1770 and initially settled through penal transportation as part of the colony of New South Wales on 26 January 1788. As the population grew and new areas were explored, another five largely self-governing Crown Colonies were established during the 19th century.

The first human habitation of Australia is estimated to have occurred between 42,000 and 48,000 years ago. Most of these people were hunter-gatherers, with a complex oral culture and spiritual values based on reverence for the land and a belief in the Dreamtime. The Torres Strait Islanders, ethnically Melanesian, inhabited the Torres Strait Islands and parts of far-north Queensland; their cultural practices were and remain distinct from those of the Aborigines.

Prayer:

Precious and loving Father, I bow down at your feet with a humble and contrite heart. I pray that you accept and bless the peoples and land of Australia.

I bring to your remembrance innocent blood that was shed. Both to the original peoples, the Aborigines and the Melanesians by the British and the prisoners that they transported to the land of Australia.

Please show your mercy and grace upon Australia in Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Commonwealth of Australia
October 15, 2007 02:12PM
Heavenly Father, please forgive the sins of the past that have occured on this land and bring revelation to its people that they might turn from their sinful ways and seek You through Your Son, Christ Jesus, repenting and serving You all the days of their lives, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login