Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Azerbaijan

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Azerbaijan
August 13, 2007 11:41AM
Azerbaijan (officially the Republic of Azerbaijan) is the largest and most populous country in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia. Located at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, it is bounded by the Caspian Sea to the east, Russia to the north, Turkey to the west, Georgia to the northwest, Armenia to the west, and Iran to the south. The country's territory also embraces several islands in the Caspian Sea with the total area of over thirty square kilometers.

Azerbaijan is a democratic, secular and unitary republic. The country has been a co-founder of the Commonwealth of Independent States, GUAM and the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. The country has a Permanent Mission to the European Union, hosts a Special Envoy of the European Commission and is a member of the United Nations, OSCE, Council of Europe, and the NATO Partnership for Peace (PfP) program.

The name Azerbaijan was chosen as the name for what later became the Republic of Azerbaijan in 1918 by the Musavats. The name Azerbaijan is thought to be derived from Atropates, the Persian Satrap (governor) of Media-Atropatene in the Achaemenid Empire, who ruled Atropatene. Atropates name is believed to be derived from the Old Persian roots meaning "protected by fire."

Prayer:

Lord I lift to you the Republic of Azerbaijan and it’s people. Bless and protect the people and this nation from the devises of our enemy. I ask that you send down guardian angels to every corner of this land, in the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Azerbaijan
October 15, 2007 02:17PM
Heavenly Father, may He Who is The Way, The Truth and The Life shine over these people, restoring them in fullness to You through Him, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login