Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Kingdom of Bahrain

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Kingdom of Bahrain
August 17, 2007 09:09AM
The Kingdom of Bahrain is a borderless island country in the Persian Gulf and is the smallest Arab nation. Saudi Arabia lies to the west and is connected to Bahrain by the King Fahd Causeway which was officially opened on November 25, 1986. Qatar is to the south across the Gulf of Bahrain.

The islands of Bahrain, positioned in the middle south of the Persian Gulf, have attracted the attention of many invaders throughout history, such as the Al-Khalifas. Bahrain is Arabic for "two seas", referring to the two days of sailing that were needed to reach it from Iraq.

Until Bahrain embraced Islam in 629 AD, it was a centre for Nestorian Christianity. In 899, a millenarian Ismaili sect, the Qarmatians, seized hold of the country and sought to create a utopian society based on reason and the distribution of all property evenly among the initiates. The Qarmatians caused widespread disruption throughout the Islamic world: they collected tribute from the caliph in Baghdad; and in 930 sacked Mecca and Medina, bringing the sacred Black Stone back to Bahrain where it was held for ransom. The Qarmatians were defeated in 976 by the Abbasids.

Prayer:

All might God, Father of all and to all, I come into your presence to present to you Bahrain. Although this island nation has been Muslim with a word you can tear through the ignorance and fear and turn each and every heart to you. I know that you are a “man of your word” and therefore not force any person to accept you. Just let your glory and blessings fall upon this land and it’s people. Show yourself for who you are, the one true and glorious heavenly Father, creator of all. In the name of Jesus, I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Kingdom of Bahrain
October 16, 2007 02:09PM
Amen and amen! Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer here, lifting the Kingdom of Bahrain before You, asking that Your Kingdom come upon this land, for Your glory and honor, touching the hearts of the precious souls that live there. In Jesus' name let it be so. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login