Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the People's Republic of Bangladesh

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the People's Republic of Bangladesh
August 18, 2007 09:54AM
The People's Republic of Bangladesh is a country in South Asia. It is surrounded by India on all sides except for a small border with Myanmar to the far southeast and the Bay of Bengal, part of the Indian Ocean, to the south. Together with the Indian state of West Bengal, it makes up the ethno-linguistic region of Bengal. The name Bangladesh means "Country of Bengal".

Bangladesh is a product of the partitioning of British India starting with the 1947 partition which made it the eastern wing of Pakistan. This pairing based on common religion (Islam) proved geographically awkward, as a distance of some 1,600 kilometres (1,000 mi) separated the two regions. Subject to political and linguistic domination as well as economic neglect, Bengalis gained their independence in 1971 in a civil war with help from India at the end of the war. In spite of its liberation narrative, Bangladesh's development has since been marred by political turmoil, with fourteen different heads of government and at least four military coups.

Bangladesh is among the most highly ranked (7th) and densely populated countries in the world. The population is generally poor, rural and Muslim. Geographically the country straddles the fertile Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta and is subject to annual monsoon floods and cyclones. The government is a secular parliamentary democracy which has been suspended under emergency law since January 2007.

Prayer:

My heavenly Father I again come into your throne room to give you praise, honor, and the glory due you as the one true and living Father, creator of all the universe. I also wish to lift for your remembrance the people and the land of Bangladesh. We know how hard it is to proclaim your son and to follow him in this repressive country.

I beg of you O Mighty Father to bless the people and the land Bangladesh. I implore you Father to remember your words that none should perish, no not one! These are my brothers and sisters who have been deceived by the evil one, one their spiritual hearts to you, this I pray in Jesus’ name, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the People's Republic of Bangladesh
October 16, 2007 02:12PM
Hallleujah! Hallelujah!

Holy One, it is Your desire that none should perish but should come before You n repentance and a contrite heart, seeking You face and turning from their evil ways. Oh, how we are all in need of a Savior. Father, reveal Him Who came to save us and restore us back to You in right standing. Reveal Jesus to these dear people, not only as a great prophet but as their Redeemer, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login