Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for Barbados

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for Barbados
August 20, 2007 08:54AM
Barbados situated just east of the Caribbean Sea, is an independent island nation in the western Atlantic Ocean. Barbados is relatively close to the South American continent, around 270 miles northeast of Venezuela. Its closest island neighbours are Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to the west, Grenada to the south-west, and Trinidad and Tobago to the south, with which Barbados now shares a fixed official maritime boundary.

Barbados's total land area is about 166 square miles and is primarily low-lying, with some higher regions in the island's interior. The island's climate is tropical, with constant trade winds off the Atlantic Ocean serving to keep temperatures mild. Parts of the interior which contribute to the agriculture industry are dotted with large sugarcane estates and wide, gently sloping pastures, with many good views down to the sea coast.

Barbados has been an independent state in the Commonwealth since November 30, 1966. It functions as a parliamentary democracy modeled on the British Westminster system. Its Parliament comprises thirty seats. The present government is proposing that Barbados become a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, with a ceremonial president replacing the British Sovereign. This issue is still being hotly debated, as the island has been stable and governmentally autonomous for decades and the Crown's position is strictly nominal.

Prayer:

Dear Lord God, Father to all that ever was or will be, today I present to you the island nation known as Barbados. I know you conceder all the earth but your people have divided your earth up into kingdoms, republics, or anything that they can call the land and thus the people who live on the land.

Precious Father let your glory surround this island and all of the islands in all of the seas. Let the world see how much you love these people and how much you care for them. Bless the land and the people. I ask this in the name of your son, my Lord, my messiah, and my saviour, Jesus, Amen
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for Barbados
October 16, 2007 02:14PM
Yes, Almighty God, let Your glory surround this island and all the islands of the seas that they might be like beacon lights to the nations, revealing Him Who is the Light of the world. Let it be so, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login