Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

America the Beautiful, God Shed His Grace on Thee

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
America the Beautiful, God Shed His Grace on Thee
March 10, 2012 07:58AM
Heavenly Father, such a burden has hit my heart as those words have come to rembrance to me this morning. America, the beautiful, God shed His grace on thee...

Oh Lord, how this nation needs You!!! To look at it with the natural eye such discouragement and sadness fills my being. This is not the nation I knew as a child. The safety and innocence I knew as a child seems to no longer be there. As a child there was not that competitive spirit to be like the Jones'. Rather, we knew the Jones' and the street I grew up with had people living on it that were more like family then just neighbors. The adults looked out for the children who lived around them. Such safety, love and caring I so long for my grandchildren to know.

Oh Father, we are so in need of You! Please forgive this nation for thinking it can do without You or in just giving You a courteousy visit on Sunday! Oh God, like a forgotten Father who is disregarded by its rebellious children, how Your heart must break! I think of Jesus as He said, "How often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." Oh, the pain, the longing that comes in those words. Forgive us, oh Lord, forgive us.

We are hurting, oh God, and so many do not know where to turn. But You alone are our fortress, our strength! You alone can save us from the mess we have placed ourselves in as a nation. Please bring us back to You, I pray. Allow Your grace to shine on us once again though we do not deserve it. Like Your wayward children in Scripture, we are in need of Your mercy. Save us, oh God, for Your name's sake. Reveal to us again our need for You, in Jesus' precious name I pray.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login