Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Kingdom of Belgium

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Kingdom of Belgium
August 24, 2007 06:57AM
The Kingdom of Belgium is a country in northwest Europe bordered by the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, and France, with a short coastline on the North Sea.

The area of present-day Belgium has seen significant demographic, political and cultural upheavals over the course of two millenia. In the first century BCE, the Romans, after defeating the local tribes, created the province of Gallia Belgica. A gradual immigration by Germanic Frankish tribes during the fifth century, brought the area under the rule of the Merovingian kingdom, which evolved into the Carolingian Empire in the eighth century.

The 1830 Belgian Revolution led to the establishment of an independent, Catholic, and neutral Belgium under a provisional government and a national congress. Since the installation of Leopold I as king in 1831, Belgium has been a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy.

Prayer:

Oh Holy Father, bless the people and the nation of Belgium with all spiritual blessings. Make the people and this nation a light for all of the other peoples and nations surrounding it. Remember your words Father spoken in Luke 11:33 “No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.”

Do the same for these people and this nation, I pray to you through your son, Jesus - amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Kingdom of Belgium
October 16, 2007 02:21PM
Blessed be You, oh God, who is worthy of every blessing. Bless Your Holy Name, now and forever more.

Dear Lord, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer for the Kingdom of Belgium. Let He Who is the Light of the world shine brightily in the lives of the people of this land, shining forth for His glory, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login