Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for Belize

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for Belize
August 27, 2007 10:40AM
Belize, formerly known as British Honduras, is the only official English language speaking country in Central America. It became an independent nation within The Commonwealth in 1981.

Amerindians which gave way to the Mayans were amongst the original inhabitants of Belize. European settlement began with British Jews, privateers and shipwrecked English seamen as early as 1638.

Belize is a parliamentary democracy and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
The current head of state is the Queen of Belize, Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, who is represented in the country by the Governor-General. However, the cabinet, led by a prime minister, who is head of government, acting as advisors to the Governor-General in practice exercise executive authority. Cabinet ministers are members of the majority political party in parliament and usually hold elected seats within it concurrent with their cabinet positions. The bicameral National Assembly of Belize is composed of a House of Representatives and a Senate. The twenty-nine members of the House are popularly elected to a maximum five-year term and introduce legislation affecting the development of Belize. The Governor-General appoints the twelve members of the Senate, with a Senate president selected by the members. The Senate is responsible for debating and approving bills passed by the House.

Prayer:

Precious and holy Father, I enter into your presence once again to offer up to you the nation of Belize. We know and understand that you oh Father are no respecter of persons and nations for you have created the earth and it is for our Lord and the fulness thereof.

From the depth of my heart I ask that you bless this nation and the people thereof to the fullness of your grace and mercies. This I ask and proclaim in the name of Jesus, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for Belize
October 16, 2007 02:39PM
Blessed Heavenly Father, it is true that every good gift comes down from the Father of Lights, with whom is no variation nor shadow of turning. Father, it is Your goodness that draws men to repentance. Touch the hearts and land of these dear people and reveal Yourself through Your Son, Jesus Christ in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login