Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for Bosnia and Herzegovina

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for Bosnia and Herzegovina
September 03, 2007 08:40AM
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country on the Balkan peninsula of Southern Europe with an area of 19,741 sq mi. Around 4.3 million people lived in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1991, prior to its 1992–1995 war. In 2007 its population was estimated at 3.9 million people.

The first preserved mention of the name "Bosnia" is in the De Administrando Imperio, a politico-geographical handbook written by Byzantine emperor Constantine VII in 958. The Chronicle of the Priest of Duklja from 1172–1196 also names Bosnia, and refers to an earlier source from the year 753.

There is a strong correlation between ethnic identity and religion in Bosnia and Herzegovina. as is shown by the fact that 99% of Bosniaks are Muslims, 98% of Croats are Catholics while 99% of Serbs are Orthodox Christians.

Prayer:

Glorious Lord I have the privilege of lifting up and presenting the peoples and the nation that is called Bosnia and Herzegovina by this world. I know that those who have accepted your son, Jesus, that you have another name for these people, your sons and daughters. I also know by your word that you would have none go unsaved, coming unto a full acceptance of your son and His saving grace.

Therefore I as your humble servant do offer up to you the nation and the peoples of Bosnia and Herzegovina for your blessing. Please heal not only their land but their spirits as well. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for Bosnia and Herzegovina
October 17, 2007 07:59AM
Amen! Father, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer, knowing that it is not Your desire that any be lost. Holy One, please soften the hearts of these dear people in Bosnia and Herzegovina and open their eyes to see that which is Truth. Reveal to them Your loving kindness, Your goodness and Your mercy. Strengthen those who are already Yours that they might be lights to others who do not yet know You as Father and reveal to them He Who is The Way, The Truth and The Life, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login