Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Federative Republic of Brazil

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Federative Republic of Brazil
September 05, 2007 09:21AM
Officially the Federative Republic of Brazil is the largest and most populous country in Latin America, and the fifth largest in the world in both area and population.

Catholicism is the predominant religion, though Protestant communities have experienced significant growth in the last decades. Brazil has the largest Roman Catholic population in the world. Until 1970, the majority of Brazilian Protestants were members of "traditional churches", mostly Lutherans, Presbyterians and Baptists. Since then, numbers of Pentecostal and Neopentecostal members have increased significantly.

Islam in Brazil was first practiced by African slaves. Today, the Muslim population in Brazil is made up mostly of Arab immigrants. A recent trend has been the increase in conversions to Islam among non-Arab citizens. The largest population of Buddhists in Latin America lives in Brazil, mostly because the country has the largest Japanese population outside Japan.

Prayer:

Glorious and Holy Lord I bring into your throne room my petition for the country and people of Brazil. The settlers from Europe and elsewhere having known of you and your son have spread the good news of the gospel to the indigenous people of this land. Now my Father make your self known in their hearts, let them come into an intimate relationship with you and your son Jesus. Bless the various peoples of this country with all spiritual blessing in the sweet and precious name of Jesus, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Federative Republic of Brazil
October 17, 2007 08:08AM
Praise be to You, oh God, who is worthy of all praise. What a blessing and joy it is to lift to You the people of the Federative Republic of Brazil. Holy One, Your created these people to know You, to fellowship with You, to be Your people. As it was in the garden when You walked upon the land, let these dear ones know Who You are and how much You love them. Reveal Christ Jesus to them and soften their hearts, please, that they might turn to You, the One True God, through Him that You sent to redeem them, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login