Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for Burkina Faso

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for Burkina Faso
September 10, 2007 08:27AM
Burkina Faso is a landlocked nation in West Africa. It is surrounded by six countries: Mali to the north, Niger to the east, Benin to the south east, Togo and Ghana to the south, and Côte d'Ivoire to the south west.

Burkina Faso is made up of two major types of countryside: The larger part of the country is covered by a peneplain which forms a gently undulating landscape with, in some areas, a few isolated hills, the last vestiges of a precambrian massif. The south-west of the country forms a sandstone massif, where the highest peak is found: Ténakourou at 2,450 ft. The massif is bordered by sheer cliffs up to 490 ft high. The average altitude is 1,300 ft therefore the difference between the highest and lowest terrain is no greater than 2,000 ft. Burkina Faso is therefore a relatively flat country, with a very few localised exceptions.

Approximately 50% of the population is Muslim; Christians account for about 30%, and followers of traditional African religions make up about 20%. Many Christians incorporate elements of animism into their religious practices.

Prayer:

Dearest Lord, I come into your presence to present to you Burkina Faso, a relatively overlooked nation that has much to offer to your kingdom. Although you, mighty Father have made this land and the people thereof, they, the people of the nation of Burkina Faso have a heart for you and you alone. They need a loving Father to take them into strong and protective arms and let them know how much you love them and how you sent your willing son to pay the ransom for them to reconcile them to you. Let repentance flow. True repentance to the one and only true and living God, their creator and Father. Let my prayers be heard heaven and the earth, in the name of Jesus, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for Burkina Faso
October 17, 2007 02:27PM
Holy One, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer that is being lifted up to You for the people of Barkina Fuso. May the come to You through Him who saved us, with repentive and grateful hearts towards You, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login