Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Cameroon

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Cameroon
September 14, 2007 10:20AM
The Republic of Cameroon is a unitary republic of central and western Africa. It borders Nigeria to the west; Chad to the northeast; the Central African Republic to the east; and Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and the Republic of the Congo to the south. The territory of present day Cameroon was first settled during the Neolithic. The longest continuous inhabitants are the Pygmy groups such as the Baka. The Sao culture arose around Lake Chad about AD 500 and gave way to the Kanem and its successor state, the Bornu empire.

Outside the major cities medical facilities are often dirty and poorly equipped. Endemic diseases include dengue fever, filariasis, leishmaniasis, malaria, meningitis, schistosomiasis, and sleeping sickness. The HIV/AIDS rate is estimated at 5.4% for those aged 15–49, although a strong stigma against the illness keeps the number of reported cases artificially low. Traditional healers remain a popular alternative to Western medicine.

Cameroon has a high level of religious freedom and diversity. The northern peoples are predominantly Muslim, although some ethnic groups retain native animist beliefs and are called Kirdi ("pagan"winking smiley. Southern ethnic groups predominantly follow Christian or animist beliefs or a syncretic combination of the two. People widely believe in witchcraft, and the government outlaws such practices. Suspected witches are often subject to mob violence.

Prayer:

Dearest heavenly Father I, one of your sons again come before you and offer unto you the nation and the people of a land called the Republic of Cameroon. Cameroon is a land of many cultures and beliefs and although there are “christians”, they are a minority amongst all the others. Bless the ones that call upon of your only begotten son with all spiritual blessing and a peace that passes all understanding.

I understand that all the other “religions” such as Muslims, animists, atheist, and even witchcraft that do not follow Jesus make you weep and you have a deep sorrow in your heart but please I beg of you my Lord bless all of the others that do not call upon the name of your son, our Lord Jesus, with a full knowledge of who Jesus is and why you sent him. This I pray in the name of Jesus, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Cameroon
October 17, 2007 02:43PM
Yes, oh God, have mercy upon the people of the Republic of Cameroon. Please soften their hearts that they might be open to receive the Good News of Your Son, Jesus' Christ. May Your grace abound abundantly over these dear people and may the be grafted into the branch of He Who is the Living Vine, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login