Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Cape Verde

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Cape Verde
September 16, 2007 10:12AM
The Republic of Cape Verde or Cape Verde is a republic located on an archipelago in the Macaronesia ecoregion of the North Atlantic Ocean, off the western coast of Africa.

Cape Verde was uninhabited when the Portuguese arrived in 1460 and made the islands part of the Portuguese empire. Due to its location off the coast of Africa, Cape Verde became an important watering station, then sugar cane plantation site, and later a major center of the slave trade.

The majority of the population adheres to Christianity, mostly Catholicism which constitutes some 90% of the population. The remaining includes a sizeable Protestant community as well as a small number of Bahai and Buddhist and even smaller Muslim groups.

Prayer:

Holy and Glorious One, I set foot into your throne room and I bow before you, for today if it’s your will, I wish to lift up unto you the Republic of Cape Verde. I know that there has been the curse of cruel slavery perpetrated from this island nation. Please Father forgive the people their transgressions and cleanse the innocent blood from the land. Let your love shine through the darkness of the past. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Cape Verde
September 19, 2007 12:03PM
Precious Heavenly Father,

I stand in agreement with this prayer. Forgive them, oh Holy One, and draw them ever closer to You and Your Beloved Son, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login