Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Chad

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Chad
September 26, 2007 08:54AM
The Republic of Chad, is a landlocked country in central Africa. It is bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest, and Niger to the west. Due to its distance from the sea and its largely desert climate, the country is sometimes referred to as the "Dead Heart of Africa".

Polygyny is common, with 39% of women living in such unions. This is sanctioned by law, which automatically permits polygamy unless spouses specify that this is unacceptable upon marriage.

Although violence against women is prohibited, domestic violence is common. Female genital mutilation is prohibited, but the practice is widespread and deeply rooted in tradition; 45% of Chadian women undergo the procedure, with the highest rates among Arabs, Hadjarai, and Ouaddaians at approximately 90%.

The 1993 census found that 54% of Chadians were Muslim, 20% Roman Catholic, 14% Protestant, 10% animist, and 3% atheist.

Prayer:

Holy and loving heavenly Father, I bow down in your presence and offer up to you praise, worship, and adoration. I also must lift up to you the country and all of the people that make up the Republic of Chad. Father I know that you do not want any to not have the opportunity to repent and come unto an understanding of who the real saviour of the world is, your son and my Lord Jesus.

Heavenly Father I ask that you bless the country of Chad with all it’s people with a blessing that they cannot understand but give you and Jesus all of the glory and honor due your names. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Chad
October 17, 2007 02:58PM
Precious Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with the above prayer, seeking Your mercy and grace to cover this land, in Jesus' name. Father, please send forth Your Holy Spirit to bring conviction to the people while also showing them Your goodness for this is a land and people in great need of You. Jesus, please show them how to be delivered from darkness and how to become more than conquers, in Your name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login