Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Chile

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Chile
September 27, 2007 03:13PM
The Republic of Chile is a country in South America occupying a long and narrow coastal strip wedged between the Andes mountains and the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific forms the country's entire western border, with Peru to the north, Bolivia to the northeast, Argentina to the east, and the Drake Passage at the country's southernmost tip.

Conquest of the land that is today called Chile took place only gradually, and the Europeans suffered repeated setbacks at the hands of the local population. A massive Mapuche insurrection that began in 1553 resulted in the destruction of many of the principal European settlements. Subsequent major insurrections took place in 1598 and in 1655. Each time the Mapuche and other native groups revolted, the southern border of the territory was driven northward.

Chile is a traditionally Catholic nation, with an estimated 70% of Chileans belonging to that church. Other declared denominations or groupings include the Protestant or evangelicals (15.1%), Jehovah's Witnesses (1%), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS or Mormons) (0.9%), Jewish (0.1%), and Atheist or Agnostic (8.3%).

Prayer:

Precious heavenly Father, as I enter into your presence, I hold up the people and the nation that is called the Republic of Chile. Father I know that these people know of you but they do not know you and your unconditional love for them. They know of the story of how you sent your son Jesus to pay the ransom for their sins and to reconcile them to you but that it has not sunk from their brains into their hearts. You have said that you look upon the heart of man and not upon the words that they speak.

Holy Father convict them deep down in their hearts so that they may truly know you and your son. This I pray in the name above all names, Jesus. Amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Chile
October 17, 2007 03:02PM
Yes, heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer. Please bring conviction to them and go deep into their hearts. Reveal Your Son in a powerful and life changing way that they might come to know You, not only through Him but one on one with You, we ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login