Anonymous User
Prayer from National Day of Praye
August 16, 2017 12:45AM
Hi All! Received this from National Day of Prayer and am posting it here for prayer.

Joan --

We believe it is imperative that God’s people come together to pray for our nation today! The critical challenges facing America and the culture at large call for faithful, persevering intercession – not only on the National Day of Prayer, but throughout the year. Scripture provides abundant evidence that the Lord is attentive to our cries and that He moves powerfully in response to the fervent and contrite prayers of His children. As Martin Luther once said, “Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness.”

What comfort and encouragement are available in the assurance that our sovereign God is attuned to our pleas, that He waits to intervene on our behalf, and that He is “mighty to save” (Zephaniah 3:17). Bearing those wonderful truths in mind, may we continue to seek the Lord’s blessing and protection upon our beloved land during these crucial days that will impact the direction of our country for generations to come.

At this perilous and uncertain juncture in our country’s history, it is critical that we remain in prayer! The American people continue to be plagued with challenges that defy simple answers, and our hope lies in humbly seeking the Almighty’s guidance, protection, and blessing. In II Chronicles 7:14, the Lord tells His people that He will respond to their contrite and heartfelt cries of intercession. Please join our Task Force in endeavoring to spark a revival of prayer throughout our country. There is no better time than this! It is the hope for America!

Please take a few moments to agree with us in prayer … “Lord, we live in a diverse country with blends of many cultures, faiths and values. In an age when partisanship seems to pervade all aspects of American life, it seems as though the polarizing of people in the realm of culture and politics only continues to widen, deepen and become more and more strained.

Instead of actual discussions about the real issues of our day, there is anger and loud, unyielding opposition. I pray that the power of Your Holy Spirt would move among us and tear down the barriers that divide us. May You breathe upon us and instill in us a desire for unity and agreement through a spirit of mutual respect and brotherly love.

Forgive us for any discrimination, cynicism, or superior attitudes we may have harbored in our hearts. I ask You to help my own heart to be free to bring peace to others, to work together with others who don’t share my perspective and to make a difference in the world. Help me, help us, Father, to be a force for unity and not for disharmony. Amen."

[www.nationaldayofprayer.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login