Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seven Days 'Before Mid-Term Election, Seeking Him

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Seven Days 'Before Mid-Term Election, Seeking Him
October 30, 2018 05:55PM
Heavenly Father, we come before You with humble hearts and contrite spirits. We trust Your Word and remember what You said in 2 Chronicles 7:14, "If My people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Holy One, there is no doubt that out land needs healing. We have sinned against You, oh God, and ask Your forgiveness. We ask for Holy Spirit's to convict us of our sins against You and to help us to sin no more. We are reminded of the greatest Commandment of all, where Jesus paraphrases what is spoken of in the Old Testament, "Hear, Israel!  The Lord our God, the Lord is One; Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind..." Father, this is the first commandment we have broken. Jesus told us how we can show our love to Him, just as we can show it to You. Jesus said, "If You love Me, you will keep My commandments." Holy One, we have fallen short of doing this and we repent before You. You have told us in Your Word how we are to live a life that is honorable to You and is in line with Your will. Yet somewhere along the line we have forgotten You and Your hand in this nation, desiring it to be a lighthouse to the nations of the world. One nation under God was understood by our forefathers yet over the years we have moved far away from that, accepting other gods above You, whether it be the god of money, the god of self, the god of recognition - anything we have placed more important than You is wrong. Awaken us to Your Truth and guide this nation, us, back to You that You would receive the glory and honor that is rightfully Yours, in Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login