Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seven Prayers for Seven Days Before Mid Term Elections - Day 2

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
October 31, 2018 03:57PM

Abba, we come before You again keeping in mind Your Word and remember what You said in 2 Chronicles 7:14, "If My people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." We recognize how much we need You, asking Your forgiveness  now and in the days ahead.  I thank You that You hear our hearts cry reaching out to You.

Lord, yesterday we repented for disobeying and not putting You first in our lives as we should. In the busyness of our lives we often forget to put Your first rather than just fitting You in when we have the time. There has to be an effort on our part to give You the time and honor that is due You. Growing up I was raised to set my prayers at night and to say acknowledge You in morning prayer at school. It was a beautiful thing to do as a nation and a right thing to do. It was You who blessed this nation, not other gods, not other religions. I don't know how we have lost sight of how important it is to acknowledge You, especially teaching it to the children so they can grow on a firm foundation. In taking prayer out of school we have neglected You and we have neglected our children. Once schools were a safe place for children to go. Not so much anymore. Forgive us, oh God! Please forgive us. Touch us with Your Spirit and draw us to You, that we would do Your will, honoring You and given the respect that is due You. Change the hearts of men, dear God, and show Yourself strong and good and faithful and convict our hearts. Your Word says it is the goodness of men that draws men to repentance. We certainly need that now as we see our nation going so off course from where she was safe in strong. We bless You this day, Holy One, for it is right that we do. You are worthy of all glory and honor. There is no one like You and we praise You, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login