Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer before mid-term election, day three

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer before mid-term election, day three
November 01, 2018 05:38PM
Prayer before mid-term election, day three:

Abba God, we come to You today, aware of our many blessings as a nation. You are the Giver of every good and perfect gift and we thank You for them all. Lord, You above anyone else knows our shortcomings and know when we have walked according to Your will or not. Your Word says the wages of sin is death. We see throughout the Old Testament and New what happened to those who turned their backs on You and those who lived as best they could according to Your Commandments. Because of the dispensation of grace given to us through Jesus Christ, many in the church have become too comfortable in their walk with You, thinking that all their sins are forgiven, past. present and future. If that were so, then there would be no need of repentance that we see mentioned in the New Testament. Though we are cleansed from our sins, that is only the beginning of become a new creation in Christ. We must change from the flesh mentality to the mind of Christ. It is a journey that takes time and a willingness to change, and to repent when we fall. Lord, I know I am not telling You anything new here but I say it to my brothers and sisters in Christ who have perhaps lost sight of this truth. You have called us to be one body in Christ yet we are living in a time where there is great division within the church, brother fighting against brother, perhaps not physically but in many cases verbally. That ought not to be so. We ask Your forgiveness for this sin not only against them but against You. Precious Jesus, You said a house divided cannot stand. Unless all churches, all denominations come together, willing to walk in love towards one another even if we don't agree on all things, then we have fallen short of what You have told us to do. You said the world would know us by the love we have for one another and at times we have fallen short of this. I praise You that there has been a healing taking place with the body of Christ where many are striving to work together and glorifying You. There is more healing and manifestation of this unity that is needed. The whole of creation is groaning, waiting for the sons of God to arise and display the Father's love to a lost and dying world, a hurt and hopeless people. Please help us to be all You have called us to be allowing Your Light to shine brightly within us as a nation, as a people and onto the nations of the world, in Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login