Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seven Days of Prayer Before Mid-Term Elections - Day 6

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Seven Days of Prayer Before Mid-Term Elections - Day 6
November 04, 2018 05:47PM
Day 6

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." Hosea 4:6 KJV 

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom destruction." Proverbs 1:7 KJV

Mighty God, Creator of Heaven and earth, these two verses in Scripture speaks volumes. Lord, when we understand Who You are and the reverence and honor that is due You, we will not take You lightly, nor will we ignore Your will for us. You who brought a flood to cover the earth has the power to bring that flood again. Thank You for the promise that You give that it won't happen again. .You didn't send the flood because You didn't love people, You sent the flood because the hearts of man had grown cold and had forgotten You. The enemy had more influence in their lives than did Your Spirit because they turned away from You, time and time again. The Old Testament is filled with accounts of this happening even though You sent prophets to warm them to turn back to You.

Lord, it seems as a nation we, too, have forgotten how much You have blessed this great nation. It was dedicated to You at its forming. Our forefathers knew to do that, to give honor to where it was due. Many may want to change history but it does not change that this nation was dedicated to God and the Bible. Praise be to God for that! There lies the roots of this nation, set upon a Cornerstone that will never die or fail us. Thank You, Jesus!

Man may, and have failed God but You do not fail us. Holy One, heart the cries of repentance coming from Your remnant. Let us hunger after the knowledge You desire to give to us, the wisdom that will be sure stepping stones to bring this nation back to You and the appointment You have with it to touch the nations of the world with truth, justice, righteousness and shalom that can only be found through Christ Jesus. Forgive us our sins against You, as we come before You with grieving hearts for the wrongs we have done to You. Like David, we say, "Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done what was evil in your sight. As a result, you are just in your pronouncement and clear in your judgment." (ISV) And we add. Abba. that we know You desire mercy over judgment and we are asking for that mercy and grace for America. Continue to awaken us, Holy One, and restore us back to You and Your will for this nation, for her people - Your people, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login