Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Democratic Republic of the Congo

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Democratic Republic of the Congo
October 09, 2007 08:42AM
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is the third largest country by area on the African continent. It borders the Central African Republic and Sudan on the north, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania on the east, Zambia and Angola on the south, and the Republic of the Congo on the west. The name "Congo" meaning "hunter" is coined after the Bakongo ethnic group, living in the Congo river basin.

Christianity is the majority religion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, followed by about 80% of the population comprising Roman Catholic 50%, Protestant 20%, and Kimbanguist 10%. Of the remaining 20% of the population, up to 10% are Muslim and the rest follow traditional beliefs or syncretic sects. Islam was first brought to the country by slave traders operating out of East Africa and Zanzibar. Traditional religions embody such concepts as monotheism, animism, vitalism, spirit and ancestor worship, witchcraft, and sorcery and vary widely among ethnic groups.

Prayer:

Holy and precious Father as I enter into your presence with reverence and fear, I bow before you and lift the Democratic Republic of the Congo and all of the people that call this land home. Father I do not know what or if the people did to have your hand of blessing removed from over them, so I beg of you that you bless these people with all spiritual blessing. Look not to their government but into the hearts of the people, your sons and daughters.

This I ask of you in the name of your son Jesus, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Democratic Republic of the Congo
October 09, 2007 09:17AM
Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with this prayer, praising You for Your faithfulness and goodness. Holy One, help these dear people to draw closer to You through You Son, Christ Jesus. Please tend to the lost and hurting and reveal Yourself to those who do not yet know You, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login